In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinth dungeon known as Undermountain, domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak, who has seeded his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries.
As an adventurer in the Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage board game, explore Undermountain in search for treasure while navigating numerous traps and ominous monsters.
- 42 Single-Colored Miniatures
- 5 Hero Tiles
- 4 Villain Tiles
- 1 Rulebook
- 1 Adventure Book
- 20-sided Die
- 40 Interlocking Dungeon Tiles
- 5 Double-sized Interlocking Special Tiles
- 225 Cards
- Over 300 Tokens
- Players can now get to level 4 with their characters and gain even more powers!
- New! Environment cards that get replaced when a new Environment card is drawn.
- New! Bane/Boon cards – some effects will cause a draw of these cards, telling you to resolve their bane or boon effect.
Following in the path of the other critically-acclaimed D&D board games, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Magefeatures multiple scenarios, challenging quests and game play designed for a single player or a cooperative group of 2-5 players. The Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad MageAdventure System Board Game features new Environmentand Bane/Boon cards, as well as the Trap and Spell decks that premiered in Tomb of Annihilation, for even more exciting game play content!
Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage can also be combined with the other D&D Adventure System Cooperative Play Board Games, including the terrifying Tomb of Annihilation, Temple of Elemental Evil, The Legend of Drizzt, Castle Ravenloft, and Wrath of Ashardalon, to create an even more exciting experience.